Editor of Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice
The Publications Committee of the Society of Clinical Psychology (Division 12 of the American Psychological Association) invites nominations for Editor of the Society’s flagship journal, Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice, to succeed the current editor, Edward Craighead, whose term will end December 31, 2013.
Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice presents cutting-edge developments in the science and practice of clinical psychology by publishing topical reviews of research, theory, and application to diverse areas of the field, including assessment, intervention, service delivery, and professional issues. The Journal is published quarterly by Wiley-Blackwell and is a widely respected journal with a high citation index.
Nominees must be members of the Society and should be prepared to begin receiving manuscripts in January 2014. Criteria to be considered in selecting the editor include:
- Comprehensive knowledge and broad perspective on the field of clinical psychology
- Understanding and appreciation of the many subdisciplines and theoretical orientations within clinical psychology
- Clear professional accomplishments and identity within clinical psychology, and demonstrated research, writing, reviewing, and editing skills
- A commitment to multicultural diversity both in journal content and in choice of editorial reviewers
- Freedom to devote time and energy to accomplish the editorial duties, including evidence that the candidate’s institution or employment setting supports and values journal editing
- Demonstrated time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
The Editor reports to and through the Publications Committee for a 5-year nonrenewable term, and has sole control of the content of the journal. The position comes with an annual honorarium plus financial support for the operation of an editorial office.
To nominate candidates, please provide a statement in support of the nominee. Supporting material should include a curriculum vitae and the nominee’s brief statement on future directions for the Journal. Self-nominations are encouraged, as are nominations of members of underrepresented groups in clinical psychology. Deadline for nominations is April 1, 2013.
Nominations and supporting materials should be sent electronically to both: Dr. Linda Sobell, Publications Chair, Society of Clinical Psychology, at firstname.lastname@example.org; and Ms. Lynn Peterson, Division 12 Central Office, at email@example.com