APA Division 12
Society of Clinical Psychology
Division 12 Section IX is inviting information on graduate programs and internship training sites specializing in assessment opportunities.
Please send information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Membership in Section IX
- Benefits include:
- Reduced, affordable annual dues of $20.00
- Receive online subscription to Assessment
- Listserv membership
- Invitations to “Meet and Greets” with leaders and meet leaders in the field
- Get resources to literature and training programs related to assessment
Student Research Award
- Co-sponsored by the Western Psychological Services and the Association of Test Publishers
- Granted for methodological strength and contribution to the literature
- Presented at the jointly held Section IX and APA’s Division 5 meet-and-greet breakfast at a student research poster award session
- Winners receive a travel award check from Western Psychological Services and a plaque from Association of Test Publishers
Previous Award Winners:
2014 – Chelsea Sleep, B.A., Eastern Kentucky University (Mentor: Dustin B. Wygant, Ph.D.)
Title: Elaborating Borderline and Psychopathic Personality Disorders with the Computerized Adaptive Test of Personality Disorder (CAT-PD) in a Female Correctional Sample
2013 – Allison Wainer, M.A., Michigan State University (Mentor: Brooke Ingersoll, Ph.D.)
Title: Validation of the Social Communication Checklist
- Ethics and assessment http://www.apa.org/ethics/code2002.html#9
- Board Certification in the field of assessment http://www.assessmentpsychologyboard.org
- Cates, JA. (1999). The art of assessment in psychology: Ethics, expertise, and validity. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 55(5), 631-41.
- Groth-Marnat, G; Horvath, L. (2006). The psychological report: A review of current controversies. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 62(1), 73-81.
- Wolfe-Christensen, C; Callahan, J. (2008). Current state of standardization adherence: A reflection of competency in psychological assessment. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 2(2), 111-6.