Become a Student Member of Division 12
Students are the future of Clinical Psychology.
Benefits of joining Division 12
- Identity as a Clinical Psychologist
- Advocacy for Integration of science and practice
- Opportunities for networking and involvement
- Website & Resources on Empirically Supported Treatments
- On-line Newsletter, The Clinical Psychologist
- Mentorship program
- Social networking and listserv
- Affiliation with Section 10 and other special interest Sections
- Opportunities to get involved with committees & student leadership positions
- Clinician’s Toolkit
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Special convention programming such as breakfast conversations and workshops, hospitality suite activities
- Discounts on books such as Advances in Psychotherapy Series
- Rising Star Program Opportunities
- Three Student Awards: for Student research, practice, and service
(Recipients receive a plaque, a $200 honorarium contributed jointly by Division 12 and Journal of Clinical Psychology, and a complementary two-year subscription to JCLP & JCLP: In Session)
- Building resume by membership & involvement in a professional organization
- Affiliation with the historic APA division that gave rise to the profession
- Reduced student dues starting in 2011-2012
- Opportunity for maintaining involvement after post doc year through
- Early Career Affiliate Membership status
(You do not have to be member of APAGS/APA although recommended)
You can join Division 12 without being a student member of APA
Division 12 student affliation is separate from APA student affiliation. While student affiiates of Division 12 are not required to be student affiliates of the APA, APA affiliation is recommended. Information can be obtained from the APA Office in Washington DC. (800) 374-2721.
If you are a Post-Doctorial candidate/fellow, you may continue your affiliate membership for one year at $25. If you wish to continue membership in Division 12 after this year, you may apply as an Early Career Psychologist at $40 or you may apply for Full/Affiliate Membership at $63.
Affiliation with Division 12 is based on the calendar year, but applications are acceptable year round. If your application is for the current year, your affiliation will be dated January 1st of this year. For applications received after September 1, membership will begin January of the following year.
Cost of becoming a Student Affiliate is $25.
Download information on becoming a Student Member of Division 12:
For additional student affiliate applications or information contact:
Division 12 Office
PO Box 1082
Niwot, CO 80544
Insider’s Guide to Graduate Programs in Clinical and Counseling Psychology
|With more than 120,000 copies in print, the Insider’s Guide is the resource students rely on to find graduate clinical and counseling psychology programs that meet their needs—and gain admittance to them. The volume provides current data on 308 programs in the United States and Canada; descriptions of each program’s specializations or tracks; admission requirements and acceptance rates; crucial advice on financial assistance and loans; sample forms, personal statements, and curricula vitae; tips for acing the admissions interview; and planning and decision-making worksheets. Revised with the latest information, the 2010/2011 edition includes a new chapter on the crucial differences between PhD and PsyD programs.Limited preview – Edition: 7 – 2010 – 413 pages|
|Get this book at Guilford Press|