Become a Student Member of Division 12
Students are invited to become affiliated with the Society through the Student Affiliate Program. As a student affiliate, you will learn more about the activities and issues that are of interest to clinical psychologists. Undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students are all welcome to become student members of the Society of Clinical Psychology.
- The perks of becoming a STUDENT member
- Section 10 Mentorship Program
- Apply online for STUDENT membership
- Student Member downloadable registration
Section 10: Graduate Students and Early Career Psychologists.
This section represents the interests and concerns of graduate students and early career psychologists throughout the Division, and provides a forum for announcements and communication among graduate students and early career psychologists in clinical psychology. Learn more HERE.
Student/Early Career Relevant Events
SCP Graduate Student Summit at Howard University in Washington DC (April 29, 2017). Learn more HERE
VISIT THE BLOG. Every 2-3 weeks we post a new blog written by student or early career members of Division 12 and covering a variety of relevant topics including applying to graduate school in psychology, applying for internship, postdoctoral internships, grant writing, licensure, etc.. See the latest blog piece and the blog archive HERE.
CONTRIBUTE AS A GUEST BLOGGER. We invite you to submit a brief piece (approximately 500-1500 words) that covers a topic relevant to students and early career professionals. Submissions should also include a brief bio (3-5 lines), which will be included in the posting. You may also include an image if applicable. Send submissions to the web editor with STUDENT BLOG SUBMISSION in the heading.
Student/Early Career Awards
- There are a number of awards that students and early career professionals can apply for. Find out more on our AWARDS page.
- 2016 APA Convention Student Poster Competition. The Society of Clinical Psychology is planning a poster award competition for Student Posters accepted through Division 12 for the 2016 APA Convention in Denver, CO. This competition is only for students who are first authors and belong to Division 12! Faculty members — please help us be sure your students are aware of this opportunity. If not yet an SCP member, sign up in early 2016 for the calendar year low cost membership! To become a Student Member: www.div12.org/membership. We will select the ten best student posters and invite them to display their work at the SCP Award Ceremony and Social hour planned during the 2016 Convention! For questions: contact Sharon Berry, PhD, ABPP at Sharon.email@example.com
THIS AREA IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT. We are working on collecting and organizing resources for undergraduate and graduate students and early career professionals. Please check back for updates. If you have a resource you would like to propose, please contact the web editor. We would greatly appreciate it.
Resources for Applying for Predoctoral Clinical Internship
- Primer on Writing Internship Essays for the AAPI (Dr. Mitch Prinstein). In this video, Mitch Prinstein, PhD, ABPP, one author of The Internship Workbook (http://www.apa.org/pubs/books/4313034…), shares tips on how to prepare your four internship essays for the online AAPI. Go to http://youtu.be/B7aqCd3zGbk.